HIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 5, 2023 – The High Point Market Authority (HPMA) releases its Fall Market programming and events scheduled for HPMA’s branded pop-up venue The Point, which operates daily from Friday, Oct. 13, to Wednesday, Oct. 18.
Centrally located in downtown High Point’s Market District, The Point is a convenient stop for High Point Market programming organized by HPMA, including educational events and industry mixers. It also serves as a daily lunch spot, lounge, and a guest services center, where Market Advisors are on hand to provide information and guidance regarding the trade show, including navigation, event suggestions, and help planning showroom visits.
“The Point is a must-stop destination during your High Point Market visit,” says Tammy Nagem, HPMA president and CEO. “We have something for everyone, whether you simply need directions or you want to enrich your trade show experience with tactical takeaways for your business, or you’re seeking respite from the day’s showroom activities.”
A robust schedule of educational and social events is set for Fall Market, that includes access to business insights, trend reports, and networking opportunities is available at no charge to registered High Point Market buyers.
Among this season’s highlights are:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13
- Consumer Buying Plans for the Second Half featuring insights from Home News Now group editors
- Navigating Market Like a Pro with designers Lauren Ashley, Antonio DeLoatch, Don Ricardo Massenburg, Lauren Graback, Timala Stewart and Kelly Collier-Clark
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14
- 3 Ways to Build Your Design Business with Ken Roberts, Georgia Zikas, Kaitlin Petersen, Erin Weir, Gail Doby, Matthew Tenzin
- In Style and On the Money – Start with Art with Lola Sanchez and Decor News Now editor Courtney Porter
- Design Manager Social Mixer with Daniel Bernard, Olivia Jackson, Kevin Lee, Bobbie Combs
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15
- Vicente Wolf: An Intimate Conversation with Gary Inman This event and complimentary lunch are sponsored by Currey & Company
- Scale, Color and Texture: Why the details are important with Kristi Hopper, Christopher Todd Hall, Niki Flanagan, Jessica Duce
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16
- Building Opportunity for Creativity Through Personal Expression with Danielle DeBoe Harper, Rachel Zyra, Kelly Caron, Andrea Lillo, sponsored by Moen
- Market Know How and Showroom Introductions with Speakers: Everick Brown, O. Stephanie Beverly
- BTS for a Sustainable Future with Lucy Penfield, Scarlette Tapp, Meredith Boyd, Ralph Morgan
- Closing the Design Loop with Natural Stone Surfaces with Polycor (CEU 1) Sponsored by ultraviolet agency with hospitality by UNIFI®, the Makers of REPREVE®
- New Buyer Mixer a buyer networking opportunity for connecting with peers
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17
- Textile Trends and Their Impact on the Design Process with Carrie Dillon, Elise Gabrielson, Donna Morrison, Katie Williams, Ashlyn Beck
Details for all events at The Point are posted on the High Point Market website.
The Point is conveniently situated one block west of the Transportation Terminal on Commerce Ave, and is open to registered High Point Market buyers on Fri., Oct. 13, through Tue., Oct. 17, from 8 am to 8 pm. The Point closes at 5 pm on Wed., Oct. 18.
HPMA additionally announces its new food vendor, The Blooming Board, offering a fresh assortment of salads, grain bowls, charcuterie, and desserts, from 11 am to 2 pm, Oct. 13 – 16.
Evening hospitality includes After Hours at The Point, featuring craft beer from local brewery, Brown Truck Brewery, Friday through Tuesday, from 5 to 8 pm.
A space redesign celebrates the fifth anniversary of The Point, and will feature a bold monochromatic palette and textured white surfaces set off by dark wood furnishings and patterned upholstery, along with an eclectic presentation of accent decor items.
Featured furnishings in The Point are sourced from High Point Market exhibitors and partners, including Hooker Furnishings, Hudson Valley Lighting Group, Cohab.Space, Benjamin Moore, South + English, Codarus, S. Harris, Annie Selke Company and Anna Elizabeth Greenhouse Fabrics.