Furniture of America boosts in-stock position in time for Las Vegas Market

LAS VEGAS — Full-line furniture resource Furniture of America has bolstered its in-stock position in time for the summer market here, allowing dealers to receive goods they order at market within a few weeks.

Typically, the company said that it shows new products that may not be in stock for several months. This time, the company has made sure that all items shown will be available to ship quickly from its domestic warehouses.

For example, all the upholstery shown will be 100% in stock, and 95% of the bedroom, dining room and youth furniture lines shown will be in stock. The remaining 5% of these lines will be in stock in September. The goods will be available from its more than 2 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space in California, Texas, Georgia and New Jersey.

Thus, dealers used to waiting several months for newly introduced product, which typically represents a majority of the items shown at market, can now expect to receive items within a few weeks.

“We want our dealers to be able to get stock and turn it quickly into cash,” said Jodi Brookshire, corporate vice president, sales and marketing, noting that the company will have plenty of introductions at its showroom in Space B1168 at market. “In fact we will be showing a lot of great new dining, bedroom and upholstery collections that are on the water now and arriving prior to summer market or within just a few weeks after.”

“At FOA, our commitment is to always support our partners and to look for new ways to do that during both the good and the challenging retail environments,” she added.

Furniture of America’s Manzanillo bedroom shown in a Slate Blue finish

Highlights of its new product to be shown at market include the following:

+ The transitional Manzanillo solid wood bedroom, which features a bed with a panel headboard with detailed molding and a storage footboard with full-extension glides. The top drawers in the dresser and chest are felt-lined, and all case goods feature ball-bearing drawer glides. Shown in a finish called Slate Blue, a four-piece set retails around $2,799.

+ The company is also introducing a new line of Italian-made, top-grain leather upholstery, called the Opulenza Signature collection. It features five groups with a mix of modern, transitional and contemporary designs. Opulenza includes both stationary and power motion sofas and loveseats.

+ Among the power motion groups is the Altamura power motion sofa and loveseat. It is available in taupe and gray leathers and is fully upholstered in Italian leather. A set retails starting at $5,999.

Thomas Russell

Home News Now Editor-in-Chief Thomas Russell has covered the furniture industry for 25 years at various daily and weekly consumer and trade publications. He can be reached at and at 336-508-4616.

View all posts by Thomas Russell →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our Newsletter for breaking news, special features and early access to all the industry stories that matter!

Sponsored By: