Job Title: Buyer
Company: Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams
Location: Taylorsville, North Carolina
The person in this role will be responsible for working with the Product Development, Design and Inventory teams to manage and grow the product assortment within the Furniture division of our business. This role will partner with both domestic and international vendors to buy furniture and identify future product opportunities, trends and offerings.
The Buyer will lead assortment strategy by channel driving profitable and productive omnichannel assortments and provide assortment direction based on the marketplace, trend, store feedback and business analysis. They must be able to leverage complex reporting to analyze business, make actionable recommendations, and create an assortment of business plans in partnership with the inventory management team.
- 3+ years of buying experience in a retail store, specialty boutique or furniture manufacturer
- Knowledge of the furniture industry and development is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage many responsibilities and projects at one time
- Possess excellent communication skills and excel in a collaborative environment
- Strong presentation and listening skills
- Ability to interact individually with users and work cross-functionally throughout the organization: Inventory, PD, Design, Ecomm, Marketing, Visual
- Knowledgeable with inventory management systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD a plus