LAS VEGAS, N.V. – (August 3, 2021) – Las Vegas Market’s signature Market Pros program will feature Ahead of the Curve panelists for the first time for the August 22-26 market. Ahead of the Curve showcases Las Vegas Market product chosen by design tastemakers in collaboration with Luxe Interiors + Design.
“Las Vegas Market’s proprietary product trend programs are unmatched tools for buyers to discover and source must-have products,” said Dorothy Belshaw, International Market Centers Chief Marketing and Customer Officer. “Ahead of the Curve’s trend identification and Market Pro’s real time exploration of market resources combine to create trend education that inspires buyers as they plan their trips to Las Vegas Market and through their in-person sourcing.”
The Market Pros are retail, design and publishing tastemakers who are providing market tips and posting live from Las Vegas Market to provide a comprehensive look at the gift, home décor and furniture offerings of the market on LasVegasMarket.com and the @LasVegasMarket Instagram page.
Market Pros Marie Burgos, Jamilyn Fournier, Jay Jeffers and Nadia Watt also will serve as panelists in the Market’s signature Ahead of the Curve program, which identifies trends and must-have products from Las Vegas Market exhibitors. The trend discussion session, which will be presented both as a pre-show webinar and an at-market program, features the design experts in conversation with Kathryn Given, senior design and market editor for Luxe Interiors + Design. The live Q&A will take place on Tuesday, August 24 at 11 a.m. in Building B, WorldView on Sixteen. A recording of the pre-market webinar, on August 3, is available at LasVegasMarket.com/Explore/News-and-Trends/Ahead-of-the-Curve.
The Market Pros will take over the @LasVegasMarket Instagram page with this schedule:
- August 22: Heather Smith is the Director – Strategy & Membership for The Good Toy Group. Representing 100+ toy retailers, the mission of The Good Toy Group is “to unite and support the best independent toy stores in a member-owned cooperative venture to thrive and compete by promoting creative, culturally-sensitive, quality playthings that foster happy, healthy childhoods and productive lives.” The Good Toy Group members gather at Las Vegas Market to source together, attend educational sessions and hold member meetings. @thegoodtoygroup
- August 23: Jay Jeffers is founder of JayJeffers Inc., a design firm and retail store in San Francisco, CA. He was named to Elle Décor’s A-list and his work has been widely featured by shelter publications including Architectural Digest, Domino, Forbes, House Beautiful, Interior Design, Luxe, Modern Luxury Interiors California and more. He is the author of two design books and has designed collections for Arteriors and Accurate Lock & Hardware. JayJeffers – THE STORE offers bespoke furniture along with beautiful objects discovered by Jeffers. @jayjeffers / @jayjeffers.thestore
- August 24: Designer Nadia Watts hails from Denver, CO. Her work has been featured by 5280 Home, Chairish.com, Colorado Homes & Lifestyles, Dering Hall, ElleDecor.com, Luxe Interiors + Design, Reign Magazine and The Scout Guide. Her many awards include The Robert & Judi Newman Award for Excellence in Classical and Traditional Design with The Institute of Classical Architecture and Art and more. @nadia.watts
- August 25: Kate Lester is a Los Angeles-based designer and retailer whose clientele include professional athletes, entertainment industry insiders, and the Hollywood elite. Her work has been featured by California Home & Design, Cottages & Bungalows, House Beautiful, Martha Stewart, Refinery 29, Rue, The Wall Street Journal, The Zoe Report and more. Her Hermosa Beach, CA store Kate Lester Home features designer-quality home decor with a vintage vibe. @klinteriors / @katelesterhome
- August 26: Jamilyn Fournier is curator and founding principal of The Collector’s House in Scottsdale, AZ. The Collectors House features home furnishings, accessories, antiques and one-of-a-kind, entertaining and tabletop, and textiles. @thecollectorshouse
- August 27: Adam Glassman is Creative Director of O, The Oprah Magazine. He oversees the visuals for O’s fashion, beauty and home editorial pages including the famed Oprah’s Favorite Things gift guide. Glassman is the 2021 honorary chair and spokesperson for Gift for Life, the gift and home industries and sole charitable organization. @therealadamsays
- August 28: French designer Marie Burgos services clients from all over the world from New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA. She served as Style Director and Contributing Beauty Editor for World Bride Magazine, appeared on HGTV’s “The Unsellables,” and her work has been featured by Casa Vogue, Elle Decor, Design Bureau, Interiors New York, Luxury Home, Time Out New York Magazine and more. Her Marie Burgos Design Collection, a line of lighting, furniture and décor products is inspired by her husband, photographer and filmmaker, Francis Augustine, and the nostalgia of their home on the island of Martinique. @marieburgos.design / @marieburgoscollection
The Market Pros website is live now at LasVegasMarket.com/Explore/News-and-Trends/Market-Pros with tips like “When walking between floors, in the temporaries, covering parts of the show that are not your focus, look up and around. Note trends, themes, colors, textures, lighting,” by Good Toy Group’s Smith.
Las Vegas Market is the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting 4,300+ furniture, home décor and gift resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market features thousands of product lines, allowing for cross-category commerce among these industries. The next Las Vegas Market runs August 22-26, 2021, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.
About International Market Centers: International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. With more than 20 million square feet of premium wholesale showroom space in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. With the launch of IMC’s Digital Innovations division and the Juniper suite of digital sales and marketing solutions and B2B ecommerce marketplace, IMC now provides the only omnichannel sales and marketing platform that seamlessly connects physical and digital wholesale commerce. For more information, visit www.imcenters.com.