HIGH POINT – The Sustainable Furnishings Council in partnership with BIFMA (Business, Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association), is holding a webinar from noon to 1 p.m. this Thursday May 19 entitled “BIFMA Level for SFC and Beyond.”
Participants can learn what SFC’s deepening collaboration with BIFMA (Business, Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association) means for your business and for sustaining a healthy future. It also will address the ANSI/BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard, and the ways in which you can earn BIFMA Level certification for your product line.
Topics covered include the following:
- An evaluation and certification system for environmentally-preferable and socially-responsible furniture.
- ANSI/BIFMA Standard—multi-stakeholder input
- Multi-attribute—which addresses the important people – and planet-impacts associated with furniture products
- 3rd Party Certified—independent audits, visits to manufacturing locations, and review of program strategies and activities.
- Market Alignment—influenced and complimentary to LEED, WELL, LBC, GSA, EPA, etc…
The webinar content also includes a synopsis of GREENleaders, the industry’s first certified sustainability training course. Expect helpful information you can begin using in your business immediately as well as answers to your questions about getting the most out of SFC membership.
To register, click here.