HIGH POINT — Planned Furniture Promotions (PFP) is hosting a High Point Market party on April 1 to boost support for City of Hope and to honor PFP executive Roy Hester, recipient of the 2022 International Home Furnishing Industry’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Open to all High Point Market attendees, the party will be held at the PFP showroom and patio at 212 E. Russell Ave. at the corner of Hamilton. The party begins at 5 p.m. with free cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a food truck. There also will be games and cash prizes.
City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center. Its translational research and personalized treatment protocols have advanced care for people with cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
The International Home Furnishings Industry group (IHFI) has been a steadfast supporter of City of Hope since 1965. One of City of Hope’s oldest and most successful industry-based chapters, the IHFI group has raised nearly $100 million to advance leading-edge research and treatment innovation for the benefit of patients and families everywhere.
Hester will be honored at the 30th Annual West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament on Monday, June 13, in Coto de Caza, California. With less than three months to go, sponsorship and support of the event are growing, and PFP hopes the party will raise awareness and encourage more giving in monetary support or auction packages for the tournament.
“The market party promises to be great fun for furniture industry leaders to do very important work to support City of Hope’s mission to improve treatment options for people with cancer and diabetes,” said Hester. “I’d like to give special thanks to Elaine Crowell of the Centers of High Point for donating her time and resources to help plan and promote this party and our philanthropic efforts for City of Hope. I’d also like to thank Erin Berg of Flex2Communicate for her efforts in helping promote both the kickoff event and West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament.”
PFP and City of Hope’s event committee thanks all sponsors and supporters, and recognizes the latest group:
• American Business Bank
• AVB Brandsource
• Banner Marketing
• David Bessen
• Eric Foucrier, Associates Inc.
• Furniture of America
• Hilco Merchant Resources
• J.B. Hunt
• Julie Campbell
• King Koil
• Marsh McLennan Agency
• Natural Concepts Furniture
• Scott Lerner
• Tempur Sealy
Special donations for the June 13 auction include:
• Hollywood Bed for a pair of first row tickets to an LA Kings game
• Hanna’s Restaurant for a private wine dinner for six
• Champion Sponsor — Planned Furniture Promotions
• Platinum Sponsors — Ashjer LLC, Living Spaces
• Gold Sponsors — Bob’s Discount Furniture, International Market Centers, J.B. Hunt, Jerome’s Furniture, Molly’s Angels, Parker House, Sit ‘n Sleep, Tempur Sealy
• Silver Sponsors — ACME, Dave Thompson Family, Furniture of America, Ortho Mattress, ServeCo
• Copper Sponsors — AVB Brandsource, CIT, Coast to Coast, Howard Miller Companies, Julie Campbell, Lane Furniture, Leather Italia, Martin Furniture, Najarian Furniture Co., Scott Lerner
• Lunch Sponsors — AICO, Ergomotion
• Golf Cart Sponsor — Irene Crowell
• Beverage Cart Sponsors — Martin Ploy, Southerland Sleep
• Tee/Green Sponsors — Eric Foucrier @ Associates Inc., Kaufman Advertising, Noel and Toni Reid, The Esses Law Group, The Monday Company, Ryan Mahoney
For High Point event details, click here or email email@example.com. To learn about the tournament and register online, click here, contact Loren Boyko at (626) 222-9764 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.