HIGH POINT, N.C. — The American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation, Inc. will move the Induction Celebration back to Sunday, October 17, at the Sheraton Greensboro Four Seasons.
“It does not appear that we will be able to hold a large gathering in June, as we had hoped, so we are pivoting yet once again,” said Caroline Hipple, president of the Foundation board of directors. “The board voted to postpone the banquet in an abundance of caution as members of our industry from across the country continue to receive their vaccinations and return to traveling and gathering.
“The added planning time is being well used to create an evening worthy of celebration for our five inductees, their families and their peers. Of course, safety is our top priority, followed by a gracious evening of inspiration and reconnecting with industry friends, many of whom we haven’t seen for more than a year. Seeing one another will indeed make it an even more special evening,” she said.
The postponement of the induction to October also means that a new slate of inductees will not be selected in 2021. All nominations that have been submitted will automatically be saved for 2022.
Joining the current 120 members of the Hall of Fame are Irv Blumkin, CEO, Nebraska Furniture Mart; Robert G. Culp III, co-founder, former chairman and CEO, Culp, Inc.; Robert J. Maricich, chairman and CEO, International Market Centers; Allan H. Palecek, chairman and founder, PALECEK; and Todd Wanek, CEO and President, Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
To become a 2021 Foundation member, to purchase 2020 Induction Celebration tickets or to become a 2020 sponsor in support of an inductee, visit www.homefurnishingshalloffame.com.
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2019 Induction Celebration:
• Presenting Sponsor: La-Z-Boy Incorporated
• Live Streaming Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
• Welcoming Open Sponsor: Feizy
• Speaker Sponsor: Surya
• Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
• Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
• Cocktail Sponsor: International Market Centers
• After Party Sponsor: Klaussner
• Celebration Sponsors: Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies
• Landmarks of Leadership Video Sponsor: Leggett & Platt Incorporated
• Future Leaders Event Sponsor: International Market Centers
• Platinum Sponsors: Amazon; Broyhill Family Foundation; Dufresne Spencer Group; Furniture Marketing Group/Wells Fargo; GE Appliances; Global Views; HomeStretch Furniture; Hooker Furniture; Jackson Furniture/Catnapper; Jerome’s Furniture; Karen McNeill and Stephen Pond; Loloi Rugs; Markor International/Vivet Inc.; Planned Furniture Promotions; Prestige Art & ArtTrends; Rustic Imports; Samsung; Southern Motion; Tempur Sealy; and Wayfair
• Gold Sponsors: Bedgear; Bernhardt Furniture Company; Best Home Furnishings; Coaster Fine Furniture; Dorel Home Furnishings; HHC/Moto Group; Harman; Haverty Furniture Companies; J.B. Hunt; Jane Seymour Designs Inc.; Jonathan Louis International; King Koil; Malouf Sleep; Martin Furniture; Modus Furniture International; New Classic Furniture; Parker House Furniture; Peak Living; Phillips Collection; Raymour & Flanigan Furniture; Richloom Fabrics; Scotts Brothers Global; Shaw Industries; Simon Li Furniture; and Sony
• Silver Sponsors: Affordable Furniture Manufacturing; American West, Apricot Furnishings Co., Ltd.; Armen Living Furniture; Chateau d’Ax; Cococonis Furniture/Mattress 1st; Décor- Rest Furniture; ES Kluft; Fine Home Ltd.; Flexsteel Industries, Inc.; Franklin Corp.; FurnitureDealer.Net; Gat Creek; Herregan Distributors, Inc.; Hickory Furniture Mart; Huntington House; LH Imports Ltd.; Lexington Home Brands; Linon Home Décor; Magnussen Home Furnishings, Inc.; Nicletti and Calia; Norwalk Furniture; Uttermost; Vogue; and Woodard, Inc.