Job Title: Vice President of Merchandising and Product Development
Company: Summer Classics
Location: Pelham, Alabama
Description: This role is responsible for leading and executing the strategic vision of original, unique, and compelling furniture and lighting categories. This role requires a combination of creative insight, market awareness, and strong leadership skills to drive the development, selection, and merchandising of products that align with the company’s goals and resonate with target customers. This role will collaborate across the organization to drive the design process, contribute to an innovative product portfolio, and develop market-leading product solutions to competitively position the company in the home furnishings industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, product development, business, merchandising, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in furniture, upholstery, soft goods, and/or lighting design required.
- 5+ years leading and managing a team required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive product innovation and successfully bring products to market.
- Strong understanding of market trends and consumer behavior in the home furnishings industry.