LOS ANGELES (May 23, 2022) — City of Hope’s 30th Annual West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament committee said support, registrations and excitement continue to grow in the final three-week stretch before the year’s largest furniture industry event on the west coast. The event will raise awareness and support for innovative cancer research and treatment at City of Hope, one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the United States and a leading research center for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses.
This year’s West Coast Golf & Tennis Tournament is set for Monday, June 13, in Coto de Caza, Calif., and is on track to being one of the top fundraising events in its history, even as it was challenged with a shorter-than-usual fundraising window after the 2021 event was postponed to December 2021 due to the pandemic.
Rick Powell, who has led the event committee since the 1990s, noted that Roy Hester, senior vice president and managing director of Planned Furniture Promotions (PFP), and his team have worked tirelessly and creatively to drive support. Hester will receive the 2022 International Home Furnishings Industry Lifetime Achievement award.
“We are incredibly proud of this industry and the way it shows up for City of Hope. For those who are still considering it, we’d love to have you join us on June 13 for an event unlike any other, or by providing monetary support to a cause that truly changes lives every day,” Hester said.
PFP and City of Hope’s event committee thank all sponsors and supporters as they recognize top sponsors and special donations for the event:
• Champion Sponsor — Planned Furniture Promotions
• Platinum Sponsors — Ashjer LLC, Living Spaces, LS Direct
• Gold Sponsors — Bob’s Discount Furniture, International Market Centers, J.B. Hunt, Jerome’s Furniture, Molly’s Angels, New Classic Furniture, Parker House, Sit ‘n Sleep, Tempur Sealy
• Silver Sponsors — ACME, Dave Thompson Family, Furniture of America, Ortho Mattress, ServeCo, Naders Furniture, Progressive Leasing, Jonathan Louis International
• Copper Sponsors — AVB Brandsource, CIT, Coast to Coast, Fusion/Southern Motion, Hollywood Bed, Howard Miller Companies, Julie Campbell, King Koil, Lane Furniture, Leather Italia, Martin Furniture, Najarian Furniture Co., Scott Lerner, Leggett & Platt, Warehouse”M” Associates, Fairmont Designs
• Putting Contest Sponsors — Bassett San Diego
• Lunch Sponsors — AICO, Ergomotion
• Golf Cart Sponsors — Irene Crowell, American Business Bank, and Lawrance Furniture, Morgan Fabrics
• Crepe Station Sponsor — Crown Mark
• Beverage Cart Sponsors — Cymax Group Technologies, Martin Ploy, Southerland Sleep, TD Bank, Rosenthal & Rosenthal
• Tee/Green Sponsors — A-America, Ashley Furniture (Kurt Haines), Bashian Rug, Charmaine Chumbley, Eric Foucrier & Associates Inc., Gigacloudtech.com, Greenwave Finance, IHFRA-International Home Furnishings Reps, Kaufman Advertising, Michael and Chris Gennet, Ryan Mahoney, Napa Furniture, Bobby,Vanessa and Nico Papazian, Progressive Furniture Company, PureCare, Noel and Toni Reid, Ron Radin, Ryan Mahoney, Scott and Jeff Brummett, Shoptelligence, Sunbelt Express, Terry Meece, The Esses Law Group, The Monday Company, TrueCommerce-ecUtopia
• Affordable Furniture
• ALCH Advertising
• American Dream Delivery
• Banner Marketing
• Roy and Peggy Hester
• Office Star Products
• Planned Furniture Promotions
• Tango Multimedia
Special donations for the auction include:
• American Dream Delivery for a Grandover Resort Golf experience
• Hollywood Bed for a pair of first row tickets to an LA Kings game
• Hanna’s Restaurant for a private wine dinner for six