WINNIPEG, Canada — In time for Earth Day, EQ3, designer, manufacturer and retailer of premium furniture and home goods, is pleased to announce the launch of its inaugural line of performance fabrics. Featuring five new collections and 26 unique fabrics, this new line incorporates a treatment that is more environmentally friendly than that typically used in performance fabrics found in the market and can stand up to the wear-and-tear of modern life.
While searching for performance fabrics to expand their material offerings, EQ3 noticed most contained harsh chemicals. Rather than accept the status quo, EQ3 opted for innovation. Unlike other performance fabrics on the market, EQ3’s new line of environmentally-conscious, high-performance fabrics are created without the use of fluorinated chemicals, which are proven to be harmful to both consumer health and the ecosphere. This pioneering treatment allows water to bead and roll off of the surface, and prevents the treatment’s film from accumulating on skin. Applied across this new line of performance fabrics, this treatment offers a more eco-friendly material finish in addition to the company’s 150+ high-quality upholstery options.
“A product is only as good as the quality of materials that it is made of,” said Enri Tielmann, EQ3’s Chief Design Officer. “Being a vertical company, we have control of the research and development process of new products. Our goal is to reduce our carbon footprint by using kinder alternatives that are better for people and the environment, can last for decades to come, and be passed on to the next generation. This new line of performance fabrics plays an instrumental role in this mission.”
All performance fabrics are available in a diverse range of eye-catching hues and textures. EQ3 is also expanding its Italian leather offerings, equipping customers with a range of options to create a sophisticated color palette for their homes. New upholstery offerings include:
- Onno: Resistant to pilling, Onno’s made of 49% natural virgin wool and is unparalleled both in its durability and its luxurious feel. Texture and color are achieved by weaving different yarn tones on the warp (vertical) and weft (horizontal). The yarn has slight chenille properties, resulting in a soft touch available in 14 rich color options.
- Maria: Named after Italy’s queen matriarch, Maria is a chenille fabric with a heavy, multiyarn construction that provides the textile with extraordinary draping qualities and a soft feel. Available in eight color options.
- Bouclé: EQ3’s bouclé is made of virgin wool, linen, cotton, viscose and acrylic that results in a natural look with outstanding performance. Boucle is characteristic for its heavy texture that can transform simple shapes into rich textured landscapes. It is available in four tonal options.
- Arctic: Arctic is a twill recognizable by its diagonal structure. The yarns are woven from multiple shades of warm greys and whites which provide the characteristic color and texture.
- Cedar: The Cedar is a luxurious chenille woven from multiple high quality yarns such as viscose, linen and cotton. Chenilles are characteristic for their softness.
- Italian Leathers: This spring marks EQ3’s most extensive leather expansion in over a decade, adding full grain options in an array of expressive colors. Full grain leathers are not embossed or sanded and therefore able to achieve the characteristic buttery softness. All of EQ3’s leathers are 100% a by-product of the dairy and meat industry, meaning less waste was produced and no animals were harmed in their production.
EQ3’s new Onno and Bouclé fabrics were created in partnership with the heritage Italian textile mill Imatex, an industry leader in high end upholstery textiles. This new line of fabrics removes barriers for customers who appeal to lighter fabrics. Both EQ3 and Imatex’s emphasis on product longevity means these fabrics will stand the test of time and grow with customers over the years.
“When our partnership with EQ3 started we hit it off immediately,” said Jacopo Giulio Mazzola, Imatex’s Chief Business Development Officer. “EQ3 prioritizes high quality design and sustainability, and the Imatex product evolution has moved in the same direction. So, we have two companies that go well together. The values of the two companies are similar because we are both family-owned and vertically integrated, there is a tradition that is passed down for generations. This guarantees continuity because we have followed the same principles for decades.”
Designed to celebrate both individual spaces and support our collective home, EQ3’s performance fabrics are available in stores now and online at www.eq3.com this spring. More information can be found in EQ3’s short textiles video here below.